August 4th Mirror Lake 5:00 p.m.
Our Monday, August 5th meeting will be held at the Mirror Lake Picnic Grounds. The BBQ will begin shortly after 5 PM and fishing, casting, and lying (oops! fish stories) will continue until 9 PM. ADF&G stocked the lake twice this summer with 9 – 10 inch rainbows, so bring the whole family and let the kids catch some fish! Club members are encouraged to bring extra fishing equipment including rods, reels, canoes, kayaks, flies, etc. to share with beginners. This is an opportunity for everyone to learn a little more about casting and fishing, particularly on a lake. Remember, if you plan to go out on the water, bring your PFD (personal flotation device).
Wear your AFF logo and be entered in a drawing to win a $20 gift certificate to Mossy’s! See Steve L. at the picnic for your ticket.
We’ll be cooking hamburgers, hot dogs, brats! (Yup, we told ya to bring the kids!) Bring your own beverages (no alcohol, please) and a side dish to share.
The following is recommended:
- Last names A through M – bring a salad, chips or side dish and serving utensils
- Last names N through Z – bring a dessert with serving utensil if needed
Here’s a map:
Directions to Mirror Lake from Anchorage:
- North on the Glenn Highway
- Pass Mile Post 23
- Take the “Mirror Lake” exit
- Right on the Old Glenn (south)
- The picnic area is less than a quarter-mile on the left side of the road. The covered picnic shelter is next to the lake.
Directions to Mirror Lake from Palmer/Wasilla:
- South on the Glenn Highway
- Take “Mirror Lake” exit
- Turn Left and go under the Glenn Highway
- Turn Right, south, at the Stop sign
- The picnic area is less than a half mile on the left side of the road. The covered picnic shelter is next to the lake.
Please RSVP by 4 PM Sunday August 3th to Janiceinak@gmail.com. Include the number of individuals in your group. Thank you!